Dome revisited...
Noon-Air
2006-01-31 00:39:32 UTC
Its done, the heat pump was actually brought on line Dec 23, and the rest
was finished an brought on line Friday. They got their first electric bill
with the heat pump after the rates went up.... it was only $127. (This had
about a week of plug in electric strip heat included) Since the full
controls package with the Vision Pro stat had not yet been installed, that
number should drop well below $100/mo maximum

Keep in mind that we are talking about here.... a 45ft dia geodesic dome
with over 3,000sqft of floor space, home is all electric, built out of 8
inch thick styrofoam...Not too shabby.

The total package added up like this.... 2 ton 14 SEER Rheem heat pump and
ECM blower air handler, with Vision Pro 8000 stat, Honeywell W8150 fresh air
control, 100cfm ERV, all tin ductwork insulated with aluminized bubble wrap
(R-8). The trick was to keep the ERV from being energized at the same time
as the heat pump. Remember the AHU has an ECM blower motor....

The system is so quiet, that you can't hear it run unless you are standing
right next to it...even then, the AHU makes less noise than my fridge. The
heat pump has a sound blanket on the scroll compressor.... can't even hear
it unless you are within 5 feet of it.
No more than 1 degree temp difference between *ANY* 2 rooms.

Gotta love it when a plan comes together :-)
--
Steve @ Noon-Air Heating & A/C
Noon-***@comcast.net

Life is what happens while you were making other plans
.***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
2006-01-31 00:49:28 UTC
Glad to see that you did exactly what I told you to do.

Don't bother saying thanks.
Post by Noon-Air
Its done, the heat pump was actually brought on line Dec 23, and the rest
was finished an brought on line Friday. They got their first electric bill
with the heat pump after the rates went up.... it was only $127. (This had
about a week of plug in electric strip heat included) Since the full
controls package with the Vision Pro stat had not yet been installed, that
number should drop well below $100/mo maximum
Keep in mind that we are talking about here.... a 45ft dia geodesic dome
with over 3,000sqft of floor space, home is all electric, built out of 8
inch thick styrofoam...Not too shabby.
Yeh, I ran the numbers for you and told you what to put in.
Remember that ? Did it right here in public, kind of hard for you to
deny.
Post by Noon-Air
The total package added up like this.... 2 ton 14 SEER Rheem heat pump and
ECM blower air handler, with Vision Pro 8000 stat, Honeywell W8150 fresh air
control, 100cfm ERV, all tin ductwork insulated with aluminized bubble wrap
(R-8). The trick was to keep the ERV from being energized at the same time
as the heat pump. Remember the AHU has an ECM blower motor....
The system is so quiet, that you can't hear it run unless you are standing
right next to it...even then, the AHU makes less noise than my fridge. The
heat pump has a sound blanket on the scroll compressor.... can't even hear
it unless you are within 5 feet of it.
No more than 1 degree temp difference between *ANY* 2 rooms.
Gotta love it when a plan comes together :-)

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/
g***@gonefishin.net
2006-01-31 16:18:31 UTC
Post by .***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
Glad to see that you did exactly what I told you to do.
Uhhh dont forget to update your egocentric resume.

Who knows, you may actually find someone who believes your horseshit.
Bill
2006-01-31 16:43:33 UTC
Post by g***@gonefishin.net
Post by .***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
Glad to see that you did exactly what I told you to do.
Uhhh dont forget to update your egocentric resume.
Who knows, you may actually find someone who believes your horseshit.
7. ***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
May 12 2005, 7:35 am show options
Newsgroups: sci.engr.heat-vent-ac
From: ***@see_my_sig_for_address.com - Find messages by this author
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 12:35:35 GMT
Subject: Re: Manual J in a dome??
Report Abuse
On Wed, 11 May 2005 23:55:08 -0500, "Noon-Air" <Noon-***@comcast.net>
wrote:

Post by g***@gonefishin.net
Post by .***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
23' 8" radius dome made out of 8 inch thick styrofoam on a concrete
slab....Only a couple of windows(triple glazed low-E in composit
frames), 2
doors (fibreglass over poly), and the rest of the normal resi heat
load
Post by g***@gonefishin.net
Post by .***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
(appliances, etc)with 2 people and a small dog. Design temps are
28F DB
Post by g***@gonefishin.net
Post by .***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
ODT
to maintain 72F ID DB for heating and 98F DB/77F WB ODT to maintain
75F
You must get your programs from a pretty scroungy place :-)
At this point my best guess is going to be about 33,000btu.. I
figure a
Post by g***@gonefishin.net
Post by .***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
Rheem RPPB-036JAZ heat pump with a Rheem RBHK-21J11 air handler
with a
14.00
Post by g***@gonefishin.net
Post by .***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
SEER/12.00 EER and a COP of 3.58
Any help??
Why can't Mr Fork and
Ms Electrical Outlet just get along?
Try a third of both figures.
Nah. A bit too small.
But - approximate it as 42 x 42, calc as usual, and take 30 %
off the roof load for the geometry.
Using those numbers in the prg I have gives me around 1 1/2 tons for
cooling
Post by g***@gonefishin.net
and just a hair over 2 tons for heating. I dunno.
I can tell you this tho... even with all the door and window openings
open,
Post by g***@gonefishin.net
without even a fan and 90F ODT today, it was a nice comfortable 78F
inside
Post by g***@gonefishin.net
the dome. With 8+ inches of styrofoam and stucco, this thing is 2 times
better insulated than a walk in freeze box.
Thats' why the number is so low. Consider putting in a 2 ton
heat pump.
Click every day here to feed an animal that needs you today !!!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Free Temperature / Pressure charts for 38 Ref's
http://pmilligan.net/pmtherm/

ES&D fish
--
Paul's cat got a furball and kept saying weasel's name.

*Hack* *Hack* *hack*
CBHVAC
2006-01-31 23:34:25 UTC
Post by g***@gonefishin.net
Post by .***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
Glad to see that you did exactly what I told you to do.
Uhhh dont forget to update your egocentric resume.
Who knows, you may actually find someone who believes your horseshit.
Funny thing is, Steve called me on my cell, and told me what Paul had said
to do, and why. He was asking about putting in ERVs and such, and I told him
what *I* would do with a theoretical like he was throwing at
me...so...technically, I could say the same.
Paul DID tell him that....he did do EXACTLY as we all three talked about,
and I hate to bust your bubble, but its true..he called me and IIRC, I was
on a roof putting in a gas pack and was kinda slammed at the time, so the
converstation was kinda short...under 20 minutes.
Its been a while tho...but I think I can go find the e-mails we were sending
about it...so deal with it.
.***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
2006-02-01 00:06:54 UTC
Post by CBHVAC
Post by g***@gonefishin.net
Post by .***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
Glad to see that you did exactly what I told you to do.
Uhhh dont forget to update your egocentric resume.
Who knows, you may actually find someone who believes your horseshit.
Funny thing is, Steve called me on my cell, and told me what Paul had said
to do, and why. He was asking about putting in ERVs and such, and I told him
what *I* would do with a theoretical like he was throwing at
me...so...technically, I could say the same.
Paul DID tell him that....he did do EXACTLY as we all three talked about,
and I hate to bust your bubble, but its true..he called me and IIRC, I was
on a roof putting in a gas pack and was kinda slammed at the time, so the
converstation was kinda short...under 20 minutes.
Its been a while tho...but I think I can go find the e-mails we were sending
about it...so deal with it.
Go to Google Groups, search "manual j in a dome" as search key

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%22manual+j+in+a+dome%22&hl=en

It was in Newsgroups: sci.engr.heat-vent-ac . Here are the relevant
quotes from it:

Nooner said "At this point my best guess is going to be about
33,000btu.. My load prg doesn't do round . "

Oscar ( smart camper that he is ) said "I'd wait for Paul or Nick or
Newty (someone scientific) to do the calcs for you on this one. It
probably isn't too hard for someone with the math
brains. "

Why he mentioned Nick, I have no idea ....

Then Weasel predictably added his font of knowledge on the subject

"This is Turtle.

Hey I think you got one of those Hexigon or round high tech little
house like they have over in Lafayette, Louisiana."

!!!!!!!!!!! HERE COMES THE GOOD PART !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then Paul said "Thats' why the number is so low. Consider putting
in a 2 ton heat pump. "

See the link above - it's all there archived. Read it.

and what did Nooner just say he put in ?

"2 ton 14 SEER Rheem heat pump .... "

So, Fish-breath - go fuck yourself yet again.

Oscar_Lives
2006-02-01 02:45:05 UTC
Post by CBHVAC
Post by g***@gonefishin.net
[...]
Give dat man a ceegar!
Post by .***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
Why he mentioned Nick, I have no idea ....
He is scientific too:

It's poetry in motion

She turned her tender eyes to me

As deep as any ocean

As sweet as any harmony

Mmm - but she blinded me with science

"She blinded me with science!"

And failed me in biology

When I'm dancing close to her

"Blinding me with science - science!"

I can smell the chemicals

"Blinding me with science - science!"

"Science!"

"Science!"

Mmm - but it's poetry in motion

And when she turned her eyes to me

As deep as any ocean

As sweet as any harmony

Mmm - but she blinded me with science

And failed me in geometry

When she's dancing next to me

"Blinding me with science - science!"

"Science!"

I can hear machinery

"Blinding me with science - science!"

"Science!"

It's poetry in motion

And now she's making love to me

The spheres're in commotion

The elements in harmony

She blinded me with science

"She blinded me with science!"

And hit me with technology

"Good heavens Miss Sakamoto - you're beautiful!"

I - I don't believe it!

There she goes again!

She's tidied up, and I can't find anything!

All my tubes and wires

And careful notes

And antiquated notions

But! - it's poetry in motion

And when she turned her eyes to me

As deep as any ocean

As sweet as any harmony

Mmm - but she blinded me with science

"She blinded me with - with science!"

She blinded me with -
.***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
2006-02-01 02:49:54 UTC
Post by Oscar_Lives
Post by .***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
Oscar ( smart camper that he is ) said "I'd wait for Paul or Nick or
Newty (someone scientific) to do the calcs for you on this one. It
probably isn't too hard for someone with the math
brains. "
Give dat man a ceegar!
Post by .***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
Why he mentioned Nick, I have no idea ....
It's poetry in motion
Good S/N ratio there, camper ( that one's gonna be a thinker,
folks, but there's a reason for it :-) )

BTW - saw him live at The Chance in Poughkeepsie - impressive
one-man show.

Oscar_Lives
2006-02-01 02:56:11 UTC
Post by Oscar_Lives
Post by .***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
Oscar ( smart camper that he is ) said "I'd wait for Paul or Nick or
Newty (someone scientific) to do the calcs for you on this one. It
probably isn't too hard for someone with the math
brains. "
Give dat man a ceegar!
Post by .***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
Why he mentioned Nick, I have no idea ....
It's poetry in motion
Good S/N ratio there, camper ( that one's gonna be a thinker,
folks, but there's a reason for it :-) )
BTW - saw him live at The Chance in Poughkeepsie - impressive
one-man show.
Wonder what he is up to these days. We could use a few more like him!
Oscar_Lives
2006-02-01 02:57:49 UTC
Post by Oscar_Lives
Post by .***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
Oscar ( smart camper that he is ) said "I'd wait for Paul or Nick or
Newty (someone scientific) to do the calcs for you on this one. It
probably isn't too hard for someone with the math
brains. "
Give dat man a ceegar!
Post by .***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
Why he mentioned Nick, I have no idea ....
It's poetry in motion
Good S/N ratio there, camper ( that one's gonna be a thinker,
folks, but there's a reason for it :-) )
BTW - saw him live at The Chance in Poughkeepsie - impressive
one-man show.
Here's another scientific one:

"What's the frequency, Kenneth?" is your Benzedrine, uh-huh
I was brain-dead, locked out, numb, not up to speed
I thought I'd pegged you an idiot's dream
Tunnel vision from the outsider's screen
I never understood the frequency, uh-huh
You wore our expectations like an armored suit, uh-huh

I'd studied your cartoons, radio, music, TV, movies, magazines
Richard said, "Withdrawal in disgust is not the same as apathy"
A smile like the cartoon, tooth for a tooth
You said that irony was the shackles of youth
You wore a shirt of violent green, uh-huh
I never understood the frequency, uh-huh

"What's the frequency, Kenneth?" is your Benzedrine, uh-huh
Butterfly decal, rearview mirror, dogging the scene
You smile like the cartoon, tooth for a tooth
You said that irony was the shackles of youth
You wore a shirt of violent green, uh-huh
I never understood the frequency, uh-huh
You wore our expectations like an armored suit, uh-huh
I couldn't understand
You said that irony was the shackles of youth, uh-huh
I couldn't understand
You wore a shirt of violent green, uh-huh
I couldn't understand
I never understood don't fuck with me, uh-huh
.***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
2006-02-01 03:08:55 UTC
Post by Oscar_Lives
Post by .***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
Oscar ( smart camper that he is ) said "I'd wait for Paul or Nick or
Newty (someone scientific) to do the calcs for you on this one. It
probably isn't too hard for someone with the math
brains. "
Give dat man a ceegar!
Post by .***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
Why he mentioned Nick, I have no idea ....
It's poetry in motion
Good S/N ratio there, camper ( that one's gonna be a thinker,
folks, but there's a reason for it :-) )
BTW - saw him live at The Chance in Poughkeepsie - impressive
one-man show.
"What's the frequency, Kenneth?" is your Benzedrine, uh-huh
Dan, I'd Rather not .....

.***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
2006-02-01 03:10:26 UTC
Post by Oscar_Lives
Post by .***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
Oscar ( smart camper that he is ) said "I'd wait for Paul or Nick or
Newty (someone scientific) to do the calcs for you on this one. It
probably isn't too hard for someone with the math
brains. "
Give dat man a ceegar!
Post by .***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
Why he mentioned Nick, I have no idea ....
It's poetry in motion
Good S/N ratio there, camper ( that one's gonna be a thinker,
folks, but there's a reason for it :-) )
BTW - saw him live at The Chance in Poughkeepsie - impressive
one-man show.
BTW - would you like to drive my Buick ?

Sorry, had a little problem there ......

TURTLE
2006-02-03 14:53:54 UTC
Post by .***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
So, Fish-breath - go fuck yourself yet again.
This is Turtle.

now Paul adds his thoughts on the subject !

TURTLE
.***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
2006-02-01 00:31:43 UTC
Post by g***@gonefishin.net
Post by .***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
Glad to see that you did exactly what I told you to do.
Uhhh dont forget to update your egocentric resume.
Who knows, you may actually find someone who believes your horseshit.
Now that the link to the archive has been given to you TWICE,
I await your apology.

Asshole.

cat boi needs a life
Barry
2006-02-02 04:25:09 UTC
get a job cat diddler..
Post by g***@gonefishin.net
Post by .***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
Glad to see that you did exactly what I told you to do.
Uhhh dont forget to update your egocentric resume.
Who knows, you may actually find someone who believes your horseshit.
Now that the link to the archive has been given to you TWICE,
I await your apology.
Asshole.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Hey Shaun,

Why did you stop posting under your real name???????????/

Barry
g***@gonefishin.net
2006-02-01 02:24:47 UTC
Post by g***@gonefishin.net
Who knows, you may actually find someone who believes your horseshit.
I await your apology.
way kewl. If its not there in 5 minutes, keep waiting, ok?

Ohh, you can also add Dumb waiter to that egocentric resume as well.
You're probably over qualified in that department.
.***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
2006-02-01 02:28:35 UTC
Post by g***@gonefishin.net
Who knows, you may actually find someone who believes your horseshit.
I await your apology.
way kewl. If its not there in 5 minutes, keep waiting, ok?
Yeh - right after Nooner acknowledges his gratitude, I'm sure.
Post by g***@gonefishin.net
Ohh, you can also add Dumb waiter to that egocentric resume as well.
You're probably over qualified in that department.
Why would I wait around for dumb-asses like you ?

Especially ** lying dumb-asses ** like you ....

You got smacked right between your little fishy eyes for the
umpteenth time with the truth, and it bothers you no more this time
than the oh-so-many preceeding times. I guess you're used to it by
now.

Asshole.

TURTLE
2006-02-03 15:00:19 UTC
Post by g***@gonefishin.net
Who knows, you may actually find someone who believes your horseshit.
I await your apology.
way kewl. If its not there in 5 minutes, keep waiting, ok?
Ohh, you can also add Dumb waiter to that egocentric resume as well.
You're probably over qualified in that department.
This is Turtle.

You mean to tell me that Paul did not invent the internet and all
design of these homes ? Oh My Lord , I'm crushed !

TURTLE
cat boi needs a life
ftwhd
2006-02-04 12:28:12 UTC
On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 20:14:18 -0500, "cat boi needs a life" <cat
Post by cat boi needs a life
get a job cat diddler..
He has a job. USENET asshole.